Finally, finally, finally!
After lots of excitement and planning, we can finally announce our plans for National Recovery Month!
What Comes After: A How-To Guide to AfterCare
The first of two new eBooks for National Recovery Month. “What Comes After” is exactly what it sounds like- a guide to help make those first few weeks after completion of your treatment program. That includes tips for making the best of your final days in treatment, how to re-evaluate your social circle, establishing routine and continuing care. The guide will also address how to find employment, practicing mindfulness in your daily life, and giving back to the addiction recovery community.
Most importantly, “What Comes After” delves into relapse prevention: how to recognize potential signs, avoiding triggers, and taking advantage of resources for help. With the advice and educational material in this eBook your transition from treatment to sober life is smoother and less stressful. Keep your eyes open for it near the end of September.
National Recovery Month is all about sharing your story and encouraging the public to be educated and end stigmas that prevent people in need from getting help. This year Harbor Village wants to help give you a platform for sharing your story just as you want it to be heard. By submitting to be included in our book of recovery memoirs, you can encourage and inspire others to begin their own journeys of recovery. You can also become an instrumental part in helping to end substance abuse across the country.
Do you want to submit your story? Email us at editors@localhost! If you need help knowing where to start, just answer these questions:
- How long have you been on your recovery journey? (You can include your date if you would like.)
- What triggered your decision to enter recovery?
- What was your substance of choice?
- What is the one moment of your recovery that sticks out most to you?
- Who was the most instrumental person in your recovery journey? (This could be a family member, friend, therapist, nurse, God- anyone who impacted your recovery positively.)
- What helped you get through vulnerable points throughout your journey?
- Do you have a favorite inspirational quote? What is it?
- If you could offer one piece of advice to anyone in early recovery or about to enter treatment, what would it be?
- What advice can you give to someone whose loved one is in recovery?
- What have you gained through recovery that you did not have before?
Rep Your Recovery BBQ!
The Rep Your Recovery BBQ begins at 4pm and includes live entertainment, speakers within the recovery industry, an open mic for those who wish to share their recovery stories, and a candlelight vigil for those lost to addiction.
South Florida is lacking in events celebrating National Recovery Month, so Harbor Village wants to help rectify that. By attending this first annual BBQ you can help to remedy the rampant substance abuse epidemic affecting our communities.
Plus- all profits go toward aiding those in need of addiction recovery!