2021: 10 Romantic Valentine’s Day Date Ideas for Sober Couples
Happy Valentine’s Day — Romance is in the air! Flowers and chocolates and wine are abundant, but maintaining your sobriety can make celebrating Valentine’s a bit tricky. Here’s 10 romantic date ideas for sober couples!
- Cook at Home. Whether you make an old favorite or try out a new recipe, cooking together is a fun and intimate date night. Cooking at home lets you avoid the hassle of last minute reservations, crowded restaurants, and overpriced food. It’s easier to account for dietary restrictions when you cook at home, as well, so you don’t have to worry about getting your order right.
- Visit the Zoo. Who says Valentine’s Day is only about dinner? Daytime dates open up so many options for adventurous dates! While at first visiting the zoo may not sound too exciting, some offer personal encounters with animals including feeding, petting, or photo opportunities.
- Spa Day. Taking the day to relax is a perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day together. Couples’ massages, facials, and other spa treatments are a great way to pamper yourself and your partner.
- Dance Lessons. What’s more romantic than taking your partner dancing? No matter your experience level or the style, dance lessons provide a chance to loosen up and just have fun with your love.
- Museum. If your partner is an art lover, a night out to the museum can be a great Valentine’s date idea. Or, you could support local art galleries. Want to make yourself? Do some research for local pottery or painting establishment– just make sure avoid any potential triggers such as exposure to alcohol.
- Horseback Riding. Those horseback riding on the beach scenes in the movies could be your reality! Even if you don’t have a beach nearby, going horseback riding along a nature trail or on a ranch is just as romantic. Horse drawn carriages are also a great alternative. Make this Valentine’s Day one you and your partner will never forget!
- Couple’s Meditation. Looking for a way to strengthen your spiritual and emotional connection with your partner? Couple’s meditation or reiki sessions help you tune into yourself and your partner.
- Escape Rooms. Do you and your partner enjoy a challenge? Escape rooms are an exciting date night idea for the couple that wants to exercise their minds and put their teamwork to the test. Escape rooms are also a great idea for a group date night to celebrate Valentine’s Day with friends!
- Photo Scavenger Hunt. Create your own adventure for Valentine’s Day! A photo scavenger hunt allows you to explore your city and capture memories at the same time. They say if you want to know what a person truly values, pay attention to what they photograph.
- Movie Night. This classic is always a safe bet for spending time with your partner. Whether you go out to the theater or stay home and watch Netflix, find a movie you’ll both enjoy and cuddle up!
Have fun this Valentine’s Day without risking your sobriety!