Can You Overdose on Ephedrine?
Yes! Ephedrine is a dangerous stimulant drug which is capable of causing acute overdose and toxicity.
What Is An Ephedrine Overdose?In all cases, an overdose occurs when too much of one substance is taken, and is over the limit of the prescribed amount. In the case of illicit substances, like ephedrine which is not prescribed by a medical professional, an overdose of ephedrine vary according to a) how much of the drug is taken, b) how the drug was administered or consumed, and c) one’s individual tolerance for the substance. Those struggling from the addictive effects of ephedrine who have a tolerance to the stimulant drug will need to take more in order to cause an overdose. Those with low tolerance to ephedrine, perhaps those who are just experimenting with the substance will overdose on smaller doses as compared to others who have been abusing the drug for longer periods of time.
Can You Die from Ephedrine Overdose?
But Ephedrine Is Safe, It’s an Herb!Although many misconstrue ephedrine as safe because it is most associated with an herb and weight loss regimen, ephedrine is in fact dangerous, and roots physical and psychological addiction in many of those who abuse it. Many pharmaceutical drugs are created from herbs and plants found in nature, but they must be taken responsibly, as prescribed, to avoid adverse health effects, the severity of long term damage, and death. In a nutshell: Ephedrine is not safe because it is an herb. [get-help]
Symptoms of Ephedrine Overdose and ToxicityKnowing the signs of ephedrine addiction symptoms may prevent overdose before it happens, but in the event of overdose and toxicity from Ephedrine look for the following signs:
- Heart Attack
- Rapid Heart Beat
- Difficulty Breathing
- Loss of Consciousness
- Muscle Spasms or Twitching
- Dizziness, Lightheadedness
- Hallucinations (Tactile, Visual, Auditory)