Know When to Get Help from an Alcohol Rehab in Hollywood, FL
With the city of Hollywood boasting an abundance of local bars and restaurants, it is not uncommon for many of the city’s residents and visitors to engage in drinking alcohol. In today’s society drinking (for those 21 and older) is an acceptable activity, and is usually done within a social context such as at a bar or a dinner date. However, it can often be difficult for a person to determine when their drinking crosses the threshold between social drinking and a drinking problem. The following are several tips to help distinguish social drinking from problem drinking
Social Drinker vs. Problem Drinker
The Social Drinker
- Typically drinks within a social context
- Doesn’t intentionally drink to become drunk
- Does not consume alcohol under dangerous circumstances (i.e. drinking and driving)
- Stays within the safe limits of alcohol use
- Drinks at a reasonable pace (no gulping and/or chugging)
The Problem Drinker
- Intentionally drinks to the point of drunkenness
- Uses alcohol as a means to feel better or to solve life’s problems
- Drinking under dangerous circumstances (i.e. drinking while caring for infant children)
- Experiences health issues as result of alcohol use
- Alcohol use is causing problems in relationships, at work, home, and/or school
Both social drinking and problem drinking can be dangerous, especially problem drinking. A person who drinks socially has the possibility to develop a drinking problem over time and a problem drinker can turn into an alcoholic. It is always important to be aware of your alcohol consumption and drinking limits to ensure your drinking doesn’t impose any danger to your life or the lives of others. If you are concerned that you or a loved one may have a drinking problem, get started with alcohol rehab in Hollywood, FL today!
Is Your Drinking A Problem? A Hollywood Alcohol Rehab Center can Help!
Are you wondering if you or a loved one may have a drinking problem? You can start by evaluating with the following questions:
- Do you feel guilty or ashamed about your alcohol use?
- Do you lie to others about your alcohol use?
- Do you try hiding your alcohol use?
- Have friends or family expressed concern over your alcohol use?
- Do you feel the need to drink alcohol to relax or feel better?
- Have you experienced a “black out” or forgot things which occurred while you were intoxicated
- Do you regularly drink more than you intended to?
Ultimately, if your alcohol use is causing problems in your life than you more than likely have a drinking problem and should consider enrolling in alcohol rehab in Hollywood, FL.
Make A Positive Change In Your Life Today with Help from an Alcohol Rehab Center in Hollywood, FL!
If you can admit that you have a drinking problem, you have already made the first step in your recovery. The next step is enrolling in alcohol rehab in Hollywood, FL! It takes a tremendous amount of strength and courage to combat against an alcohol use problem. We understand that overcoming a drinking problem is not necessarily an easy task, therefore we go above and beyond to provide you with an effective treatment which will allow you to easily transition into an alcohol-free lifestyle.
We want you to know your life is more important than alcohol and that you can recover your life today by getting started with alcohol rehab in Hollywood, FL today!